What do the prime forces of the universe want humans to focus on in the month of February?
ANSWER: Nine of Pentacles
How sweet it is. Life is abundant and awesome in the Nine of Pentacles world, as experience is replete with treasures.
Last month may have invoked doom or a sense of dread (read more about this in the January 2016 Tarot Horoscope) because most everything was dark, hazy and didn’t make any sense.
February is light, bright and in your face with the pleasures. Think of this period as a prosperity harvest. Well-being is present and palpable everywhere.
On an astrological level, Nine of Pentacles is connected to Venus in Virgo, and in energetic terms, this means members of our species are going to find fulfillment in admiring the perfection of beauty.
Of course, beauty is subjective, not everyone finds a rose alluring, or kinbaku pleasing to the eye. But everyone finds something beautiful, so relish in whatever your personal gorgeousness is.
February is a month of idealism on many fronts, as in addition to the Venus in Virgo vibe, Nine of Pentacles is connected to planets Neptune and Jupiter. In tarot, Neptune rules number Nine cards, and in reality, Jupiter, which some astrologers have dubbed the higher octave of Venus, is transiting through tropical zodiac sign Virgo right now. Neptune initiates a planetary process which allows humans to conceptualize an ideal vision of life, i.e. a young male dreams of driving a red Porsche. He gets up and goes to work everyday, saves his money for the dream Porsche. Some people could give a rat’s ass about cars, but for this guy, the idea of driving a Porsche one day keeps him going. This is the vision of Neptune; it’s the desire, the longing that keeps you motivated to wake up in the morning and live life. Every person has at least one. Jupiter just expands things like a balloon. With Venus, Jupiter and Neptune all working together, this translates to big dreams, big goals and big visions being irresistible; this is some serious eye on the prize stuff, good vibes and wide smiles. We’re not really acting on these yet (Mars makes us take action), this is more LIVING the dream, basking in it, allowing the visions to expand.
Use these next few weeks to truly cultivate the fantasy and relish in how beautiful it is to live, exist and to dream on such an expansive scale. Pessimism or hateration of any kind related to vision expression is dismal and unwarranted now: avoid fallow people, places and things.
Check out these dates and the days surrounding for some SIGNIFICANT events to take place:
- Feb 5, 2016 - Sun biquintile Jupiter, Venus conjunct Pluto: Playful manifestation of expansive sexiness.
- Feb 6, 2016 - Mercury trine Jupiter, Venus square Uranus: Harmonious mental expansion prompts surprise beauty.
- Feb 7, 2016 - Sun square Mars, Venus sextile Mars, Sun semi-sextile Venus: Bringing things to the light of day revs up romantic action.
- Feb 8, 2016 - Venus sextile Chiron, Sun semi-sextile Chiron, Mercury semi-square Neptune: Clear and muted pain related to concrete manifestation, but beauty in discomfort; may receive criticism, but it will be constructive.
- Feb 10, 2016 - Venus trine True Node, Venus trine Jupiter, Sun quincunx Jupiter: Beauty in the fulfillment of destiny mixed up with awkwardness in expansion. But the beauty trumps the awkwardness; delightful growing pains.
- Feb 12, 2016 - Venus semi-square Neptune: Dreams and subtle impulses contain vital information.
- Feb 13, 2016 - Mars sextile Jupiter, Mercury semi-square Saturn: Monumental action harmonious with monumental goals; Mind attempting to determine what is relevant to legacy.
- Feb 21, 2016 - Venus quintile Uranus, Sun semi-square Uranus: Stunning spontaneity inspires present manifestations.
- Feb 22, 2016 - Venus sesquiquadrate True Node, Venus quintile Mars: Gorgeous uncertainty directing course of action.
- Feb 23, 2016 - Jupiter opposition Chiron, Mercury biquintile Jupiter: Playful ideas expansion mixed with momentous people-oriented butt-hurt.
- Feb 24, 2016 - Venus semi-sextile Neptune: Dreamscape pertinent again.
- Feb 27, 2016 - Mercury quincunx Jupiter, Venus biquintile Jupiter: Saying stupid sh*t, tongue flounders. Good for jokes and mistakes leading to mental expansion.
- Feb 29, 2016 - Mercury quincunx True Node, Venus biquintile True Node: Awkward direction talk, but it’s beautiful. Embrace communication fumbles leading in progressive directions.
KEY FEBRUARY THEMES FOR EACH SUN / RISING / MOON SIGN:
Aries - Death: Rebirth is imminent. For Aries, this transformation is likely to occur with relationships or joint assets of any kind, as Death card is Scorpio, a zodiac sign falling in the Rams’ astrological eighth house. Expect a surprising fusion with others, pertaining to a matter involving credit, sexuality or an asset all parties are deeply invested in. Things will not work the way they did before; now there is a passionate team on the task.
Taurus - Six of Discs: Give and take. In and out. Six of Discs often calls attention to joint bank accounts and this month Bulls are intuitively on point with value assessments. Money flows: deposits and withdrawals. This is good accounting, mutually beneficial exchanges of energy. Really take care of the body this month too, physical well-being is paramount. Expect to see an increase in investments, there is something to celebrate.
Gemini - Sun to the right: Sudden illumination. An enlightening period in which joy is pronounced and emphasized. In tarot, Sun card represents the beginning of a fresh cycle following the destruction of Tower, healing of Star and the shadow navigation of Moon. Renewal is here. So is the spotlight. Get out there and celebrate the remarkable transformation that has taken so long to achieve. Commune with others and start manifesting even more fresh goals in consonance with New You. Starting February 19, life will explode with endless desirable opportunities, claim these and bust out, firecracker thriller status.
Cancer - Shaman of Discs reversed: By now it should be obvious everyday occupation will be completely transformed. Loud and clear message: the old life is SO SO over. Done. Dusted. If this is unbelievable, get a second opinion. Don’t go back, don’t even try. Regression doesn’t lead to what was familiar, because it’s not there anymore. It’s time to take a risk and move forward. Frenzied anxiety over needing a clear direction to progress in is useless. A map is not necessary, YOU design the topography. Bound ahead.
Leo - Temperance: This is straight up channeling passionate insight from another dimension. Let the universe move through you. Allow the electricity of the Great Mystery to pump through blood, take over eyes, create a force field of divinity around frame. Do not fear: this is a new beloved adventure.
Virgo - Three of Wands reversed: Nope, don’t need to be taught this. A teacher to reconfirm the knowledge you already hold, what’s the point of that? A formal and distinct outline detailing every single instance of potential future occurrences will not help either. This is out of your control. Roll with it and speak up. Attempt to be blaring, obvious and chaotic; excessive volume is required for the unprecedented creation that is to become your existence this month.
Libra - Priestess of Wands left, kinda reversed: Allow uncertainty to steer towards the correct direction. Counterintuitive isn’t it? In February, Libra thrives when crippled with mental quandaries, because the mind can’t help here. Go all out and be ready to fail. Here’s the thing… thoughts are too logical to provide the pioneering ambition necessary to create the end-goal. The only other options are to utilize the water (emotion) and fire (passion) energies presented in Priestess of Wands. BOIL THE F**K out of everything, lava flow. We’re talkin’ volcanic gushing of spirit burning the ground we walk on, incinerating the very reality we thought was dependable. It’s not. And you really do know how step up to the task; the combustion inside navigates.
Scorpio - Judgement: In this case, Judgement card is literal; exercise discernment. Instead of fusing in an instant, the Scorpion must apply patience and wait to make a wise decision. Judgement is represented by Pluto, Scorpio’s ruling planet. So the tendency to dive into obsession is really prominent right now. However, this is about distinguishing the healthy and profitable obsessions from the insane and depleting ones. Your choice.
Sagittarius - Two of Swords leaning right-ish: Make a decision already! Stop balancing between this or that. It’s time to move on it; don’t vacillate. Discover how to relate without reference.
Capricorn - Son of Cups: Dulled romanticism. This is not a Shakespearean sonnet, get outta here with that mess. Old lovers on the mind during Valentine’s Day; didn’t I get over my ex what the heck is going on? Maybe a Romeo and Juliet story DOES have a place in your life after all. Don’t knock it; it can and will happen if you choose to allow the scenario to manifest. This is not just about love; creativity is not stupid. Stop and smell the roses for a moment.
Aquarius - Daughter of Swords reversed: Refrain from flipping lid because things aren’t turning out as expected. Manifestation is not occurring on Imagination’s timeline, but this doesn’t mean the goal will never be achieved. May need to work on a new plan, that’s all. Is it wise to get angry at a brick wall, punching and kicking it, pissed off screaming? Or would it be more effective to walk around it? Think about it.
Pisces - Nine of Wands to the right: This is the same card pulled last month for Fish people, but in January it was reversed. January recap: “Tired as all hell, time to revitalize. What has been sapping up energy? Plug the hole for good.” February update: “Remember to expend newfound energies on what’s important to you. Do not forget to embark on personal ventures, even though others also require your time and effort. Putting Self last will later transmogrify into remorseful fury.”
TIPS, SUGGESTIONS & NOTES FOR THE MONTH:
- Partake in pleasurable activities. Giggle. Have a good time. Live out the daydream.
- Masturbate. For real. Nine of Pentacles speaks to solitary enjoyment… wink wink!!! :P Oh and make love with other people too. Go full out on Valentine’s Day, alone or with person(s).
- Pamper. Visit the spa, massage, eat chocolate, buy fine clothes: go all out. Eat a lot of good food. This is a greenlight for indulgence.
- Garden or stroll through plant sanctuaries. Literally, smell the roses. Visit an arboretum.
- Donate to an environmental charity. American Forests is a good one.
- Smell money. Put them dollar bills under the nostrils and sniff.
- Rub face and body in mud and dirt. Get filthy.
- Get sensual. Notice how good things feel. Example: fingertips on velvet.
- Go shopping. Fashion designers and product designers of any kind have the opportunity to do such good business this month.
- Count your blessings. There are many.
- Be on top of managing the schedule. This month is going to be BUSY. Most likely the best kind of busy possible: busy doing all the things you want to do! But busy just the same.
Thank you for reading!
If you'd like to book a personal tarot session with me, you can do so by also clicking the link below.